College Process – An Overview
The college process has many steps and is not always linear. Students may progress through the process differently. Regardless, we are here to help. The college process includes the following but is not limited to these:
- Take appropriately challenging classes throughout high school
- Take the PSAT (a practice SAT exam) and the pre-ACT
- Create and modify your college list
- Visit college campuses
- Meet with college reps when they come to WHS or WTCC, ask questions.
- Participate in WHS career and college field trips
- Take advantage of career/self-exploration activities through Ms. O’Hara, Career & Pathways Counselor
- Attend WHS’s Junior Parent night in the spring of your junior year
- Take the SAT/ACT
- Think about who will write your letters of recommendation. Generally, students secure 2 letters of recommendation for college or scholarships.
Check out the links and documents below for more information