The College Process - An Overview
The college process has many steps and is not always linear. Students may progress through the process differently. Regardless, we are here to help. ** Some activities may be virtual or may not be offered this year due to COVID-19. **
The college process includes the following but is not limited to these:
- Take appropriately challenging classes throughout high school
- Take the PSAT (a practice SAT exam) and the pre-ACT
- Create and modify your college list
- Visit college campuses
- Meet with college reps when they come to WHS or WTCC, ask questions.
- Participate in WHS career and college field trips
- Take advantage of career/self-exploration activities through Ms. O’Hara, Career & Pathways Counselor
- Attend WHS’s Junior Parent night in the spring of your junior year
- Take the SAT/ACT
- Think about who will write your letters of recommendation. Generally, students secure 2 letters of recommendation for college or scholarships.
Check out the links and documents below for more information